Code of Practice
Consultant Code of Conduct
- Utilities Savings (US) Consultants will not act in a way that brings the company (Utilities Savings Ltd.) or themselves into disrepute and should demonstrate openness, clarity and truthfulness in their dealings with clients.
- US Consultants should always obtain a letter of authority from a client, be aware of industry timescales, appreciate suppliers’ operational needs and understand the implications of hurried or out of contract price seeking.
- US Consultants will treat client data in a confidential manner at all times.
- US Consultants will issue to the client on request an agreement or contract that indicates what the Consultant will do for the Client. This document must include the following:
- The named parties.
- The date the contract commences and terminates (if appropriate) or clarity that it is an evergreen arrangement.
- Any termination conditions as appropriate.
- Consultants must indicate they are working on behalf of a single supplier or making a trawl of the market.
- The origin of all considerations. (i.e. Commissions or fees received)
- What services will and/or can be delivered.
- The obligations that are requested from the client.
- A US Consultant should identify what (if any) post contract services that are offered to the client and on what basis.
- A US Consultant will not prevent or attempt to prevent a client from speaking to his suppliers at any time. (The Consultant requests to be advised beforehand if this is the case).
- A US Consultant will set in place a process to ensure the services offered will continue in the event of holidays, sickness or any other absence from work.