Smart Meters for business electricity and gas supplies
A new business energy solution aimed at eliminating estimated bills, improving customer service and providing you with access to real-time energy data.
Utilities Savings are proud to offer a new Smart Metering service for businesses.
Smart energy meters constantly monitor and record the amount of energy that is used by your business every day…Enquire Now
By signing an electricity or gas contract inclusive of Smart Metering your business can benefit from competitive prices and accurate cost control. Smart Meter Technology provides you with real business energy solutions, saving you time and money as well as changing the impact your business has on the environment.
Investing in Smart Metering with Automated Meter Reading (AMR) Technology provides the benefits of consistently accurate and timely billing, on-line half hourly consumption values, historical customer profiles (daily and monthly) and alternative tariffs not available from the traditional suppliers.
Climate Change is an important issue that more and more customers, both commercial and residential, are becoming aware of. Utilities Savings aims to provide customers with practical advice on how to use their energy more efficiently, in combination with Smart Metering to provide customers with a much greater opportunity to reduce energy usage which in turn will reduce costs and carbon emitted into the atmosphere.
Benefits of Smart Meter Technology
- Eliminate estimated bills, resulting in no more overcharging and enabling energy costs to be budgeted accurately
- Instant online access to usage and billing information
- Cut down wasted energy and reduce your monthly bill by monitoring your usage patterns
- Allows you to change tariff to maximise savings
For too long energy suppliers have maintained poor billing standards creating a massive grey area for its customers.
In 2005 Energywatch (now Consumer Direct) submitted a complaint to Ofgem making the case that poor and inaccurate billing represented a market-wide failure to the detriment of customers. This is because the vast majority of complaints received by Energywatch are billing related – late, inaccurate and estimated billing can cause serious financial issues for businesses and homes alike.
It’s a regular occurrence whereby customers are not clear on their energy charges and usage, this can result in overcharging and unexpected costs.
How Smart Metering Works
- Every day your meter sends an accurate reading via a communication link
- The data is converted into usage information – units of energy and price, and CO2 emissions
- This information is made available to you online
- You can then view your bill and usage information online
Online profile of your energy usage
- Usage information is shown in pence per kWh and in units of energy used
- Online half hourly consumption values for electricity
- Easy to understand graphs and tables
If you are interested in using smart meter technology to help in reducing your company’s energy consumption, we can help.
Fill out an enquiry form to get more information on our smart metering service